I know you’d like to cut to the part where you get all the tricks of the trade. No worries, I plan to teach you all kinds of mad skills, insider secrets and time-saving tips when it comes to getting publicity.
Thing is, I’m more interested in the bigger picture where you are concerned.
Between the internet and social media, there are limitless ways to put yourself out there. Couple that with the fact that members of the media are looking for a reason to delete you from their list of thousands of potential stories and it becomes crucial that you communicate who you are and what your work is about in a way that is quick, cohesive and compelling.
Here are some things we can do together:
- Translate and refine your pitch so it stands out naturally — and gets you featured on TV and radio shows, newspapers, magazines, blogs etc.
- Find your people: the best media matches for you!
- Tailor your pitches (oh no, plural?) for each prospect.
- Craft an effective, press release.
- Hone a quick 2-3 sentence pitch. (this is everything)
- Create or tweak your website so it communicates what makes you unique and is as fantastic as you are.
I’ll also make sure you avoid disastrous, embarrassing beginner mistakes that turn off producers and journalists, and that also waste time. Which is important because you need to keep your focus on what you were put on this earth to do: rule! And keep writing your pages…
Don’t want to bother? I offer copy writing services for your website, press release, and other press materials.
You can also have a distinguished member of the media serve as a consultant for all of your press materials. (see more below)
If you’re interested in working with me, send an inquiry to gotoprgal at gmail. I’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
Have a Member of the Media Guide Your Press Materials! $1,000
I’ll work with a producer/news director and on air host from one of the biggest outlets that syndicates NPR programming. We will work on the package for your best press materials possible.
You will end up with:
- A solid outline of what needs to be in your press materials (ie…press releases, website, Q & A, suggested questions, website etc…)
- One media training session where we take prepared questions and rehearse interviews (with me.)
This will take about 2-3 sessions.
Are you in a hurry? Only want to do one 90-minute session? That will cost you more: $550
I’ve pitched a lot of books and due to crazy logistics, haven’t had them in hand until the project was over. And yes, I kicked ass anyway. Please email any written info you have about your book (gotoprgal at gmail) before you hire me for this option and I will let you know if you’re a good candidate for this.